Highly Cost Brand 357g Yunnan Puer Cake
Tea Raw/Sheng 2013 Menghai Pu’er
Slimming Gifts Wholesale
Yiwu Trees Raw Pu erh
Purchasing Puer Tea
Purchasing the tea is fairly straight forward since there is no shelf life for Puer Tea. There are many companies making the teas and they come in a variety of shapes. The older the tea is, the better the flavor and aroma is, but the higher the price is.When purchasing from a shop, ask to try different teas to get a better understanding of them. Many people, who do not like the Raw Puer, like the Ripe Puer. Try different kinds and different brands to find which teas you like the best. It doesn’t matter whether the shop tells you a tea is rare, or great, what matters is that you like the tea you are drinking. Everyone has different tastes. Follow your own. If purchasing tea online, it is important to find a dealer that offers a strong guarantee and has a large variety of brands and teas. This usually means that the dealer has a stronger knowledge of the tea and can give you better suggestions as to what you might like. If an online dealer only has a couple of brands, they probably aren’t as knowledgeable.
We have a huge selection of Puer Tea.We offer tea for many different manufacturers, different ages, different styles, and prices. Please add our Tea Shop to your wish list and see what wonderful teas we have to offer. If you are looking for something special, or something you might not see on the website, feel free to send us or email us.
Puer Tea is actually categorized under the Dark Tea category, but due to its recent popularity we here at Double Ok Tea have decided to give it its own large page. This type of tea has many English names, including Puerh Tea,Pu erh Tea, Puer Tea Pu er and Pu’er Tea.Some of the older teas from the 1940’s and 50’s are worth tens of thousands of dollars for a single cake.
Two main forms of Puer Tea:
There are two basic forms of Puer; Sheng Puer and Shu Puer. Shu Puer is often referred to as Green or Raw Puer, where as Shu Puer is often referred to as Ripe or Cooked Puer. Their production techniques are very different. Originally, all Puer was Sheng Puer. As it ages it flavors mellow and become richer. It takes around 13 years for Puer to age to its peak. Tea producers worked to replicate this aging in a much shorter time span. This was accomplished in 1972 with the introduction of Shu Puer. Mass production of Shu Puer began in 1975. The tea is fermented to attempt to replicate aged Sheng Puer. The tea is smoother and many people feel it is more palatable than new Sheng Puer.
Note: The term cooked is a mistranslation. The word Chinese word? Shu? Can be translated as either cooked, or ripened.
Sheng Puer Production:
1. After being picked, the leaves are handled very carefully to ensure that they aren? T bruised which can cause unwanted oxidation. The leaves are then spread out in the sun to wilt / soften, and dry a bit. If it is raining, the leaves are brought inside to a well ventilated room, where lights will be used to wilt and dry the tea.
2. The leaves are then pan fried in a large wok in a process called Shaqing (kill green). This step stops enzyme activity to prevent further oxidation.
3. The leaves are then rolled and shaped until they resemble strands. The result is then called Maocha.
4. The leaves are then dried and inspected for quality.
5. The leaves are then sent to the factory to be compressed into a shape or fermented to make Shu Puer.
Shu Puer Production
Shu Puer? S processing techniques? Beginning is the same as that for Sheng Puer.
6. After the leaves have been inspected, they are then placed in piles to ferment the Puer Tea. The leaves are periodically wetted and mixed to ensure an even fermentation. This step has to be undertaken by an expert to ensure high quality. Poor fermentation can result in Puer Tea that smells like compost. The fermentation can take anywhere from 6 months to a year, so that leaves were actually picked up to one year before they were finished.
Compression of Puer Tea
Both Sheng Puer and Shu Puer leaves must be prepared before being compressed. Puer Bings (cakes) are the most common shape and will be used as the example here.
7. The leaves are weighed out and put into cans with holes in the bottom. The can is then steamed to soften it and to help it stick together instead of crumbling after it dries.
8. The steamed leaves are then put into a cloth bag. Along with a paper ticket called a? Neifei?.
9. The bag is wrung to remove excess moisture and the top of the bag is twisted and the twisted top of the bag is coiled around itself.
10. The cake is then pressed either by a hydraulic press, or a stone weight, which is the traditional way. Hydraulic presses are most commonly used because they are much quicker. Some of the presses have designs or Chinese characters to mold a design into the Puer Bing. For some Puer Teas, the bag is not used and the leaves are compressed directly in the can at high pressure. These cakes are called? Tiebing? which translates as? Iron Cake?. Stone weights are labor intensive and usually used now only for higher quality or special Puer Teas.
11. The tea is then removed from the cloth bag and placed on bamboo racks to air dry. The drying can take from several weeks, up to months.
12. The Puer Bings are then wrapped by hand and packaged.
The majority of Puer is compressed into shapes although loose leaf can be found. There are many different shapes that Puer is compressed into, some being quite novel. Some leaves are compressed into shapes, or into three dimensional pictures. They are pressed under high pressure and glue, or blood is used to glue the leaves together. The tea is not of high quality and is only intended to be used as decoration and not actually consumed.
Some Saying For Puer Tea
Although much easier to store than White, Yellow, and Green Teas. If you are storing tea to drink, or save for the future, the storage techniques are the same. It is fairly easy to store the tea, but since you might be planning on storing it for decades, it is important to store it correctly.
Enjoying Puer Tea has a stronger and more robust flavor than most other teas. It may surprise people. Many people prefer either Raw, or Ripe Puer Tea, so try both. The teas’ wonderful flavor and aroma improve with age, which makes drinking this tea an adventure as a cake you bought a few years ago may have mellowed considerably making it even better than when you purchased it. Many people buy a few cakes for drinking and a large number for storage. It is fun to watch how the tea develops.
The most important part about drinking any tea is to stop what you are doing and focus on the tea, even if for a moment. Our lives are very rushed and we seldom have time to stop and relax. Tea gives us that chance. For a brief moment, life can slow down and you can find your stress waning as you stop and savor your tea. Tea can be a wonderful experience and a great stress reliever.
0 out of 5 (0 Ratings)
5 Stars (0)
4 Stars (0)
3 Stars (0)
2 Stars (0)
1 Star (0)
|Shipping Company||Shipping Cost||Estimated Delivery Time|
|3 - 7 days|
|3 - 7 days|
|5 - 14 days|
|Post Air Mail||Free Shipping||15 - 45 days|
|Return Policy||If the product you receive is not as described or low quality, the seller promises that you may return it before order completion (when you click "Confirm Order Received" or exceed confirmation timeframe) and receive a full refund. The return shipping fee will be paid by you. Or, you can choose to keep the product and agree the refund amount directly with the seller.
N.B.: If the seller provides the "Longer Protection" service on this product, you may ask for refund up to 15 days after order completion.
|Seller Service||On-time DeliveryIf you do not receive your purchase within 60 days, you can ask for a full refund before order completion (when you click "Confirm Order Received" or exceed confirmation timeframe).|
Most Popular from Category
357g, Made in 2004 “RED Stamp” China Yunnan Puer Puerh Pu’er Riped TEA (Cake Size)
500g chinese fruit tea flower fruit green food personal care health care FRT01 flavor tea bag packing beautiful Free shipping
Free shipping 500g Tangerine peel mini Pu’er tea100pcs/bag
Natural sweet chrysanthemum leaves tea herbal tea super stevia tea 88sqm big tank 30g stevia
Dian hong tea large congou black tea premium black tea red 250g – maofeng
US $22.82 / piece
100g*2pcs 10years old Chinese yunnan rose pu er tea health care ripe Puer tea weight lose Beauty pu’er brick Puerh food
online shopping, buying directly from manufacturers?
- Go to Alibaba.com and enter the wanted item into search field.
- Having made your choice, click "Contact supplier" button on the right
- On the next page enter your request and click "Send" button.
- Upon clicking you will be asked to get registered. Do it and wait for the reply.